The Hard Facts About Sour Candies
- In the past 20 years, candies marketed to children have increasingly been of a “fruity” or “sour” variety
- Sour candies are very acidic, with a low pH level (Acid Levels in Sour Candies).
- Some candy is so acidic it can actually burn gums and cheeks.
- Acid weakens and wears away tooth enamel.
- Teeth without protective enamel are prone to tooth decay.
- Each acid attack lasts about 20 minutes.
- Holding the acid in your mouth by prolonged candy sucking or chewing continues the acid attack.
Learn more by visiting our Plymouth MN dental office